Alex Westerband, M.D., FACS
- Residency: General Surgery, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, NY; Case Western Reserve University Hospitals, Cleveland OH
- Fellowship: Vascular Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Alex Westerband is a double board certified vascular surgeon who joined Abrazo Arizona Heart Institute in January 2017. He completed his surgical education in France and the United States. His primary focus is on varicose veins and associate chronic venous diseases. He has authored or co-authored over 40 per-reviewed articles. He enjoys collaborating with patients on a treatment plan that best fits their clinical needs.
Dr. Westerband is a member of the Society for Vascular Surgery, the Western Vascular Society, Society of Vascular Ultrasound and the Vascular and endovascular Surgery Society.
- Varicose vein treatment using endovenous ablative procedures
- Treatment of spider veins using laser/sclerotherapy
- Management of deep vein thrombosis, chronic vein obstructions
- Treatment of peripheral arterial disease/aneurysms
- Treatment of carotid disease for stroke prevention
Arizona Heart Institute Vein Center
1910 E. Thomas Rd, Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85016